With the spring weather coming, many homeowners begin to think about improvements that they can make to their home. The warmer weather makes it easier to think about larger home remodeling projects that involve having teams of people in and out of your home on a daily basis. One of the best projects to consider for the spring is a bathroom remodeling project. Is this on your list? If so, here are some guidelines to consider:
- Think about your goals for your project. Understanding what you are trying to accomplish will become the foundational principle for your home improvement. You might want to update an older bathroom to more accurately reflect the current style of your home, add storage, increase the overall size of your bathroom, or even add an extra bathroom for family use or a new guest bathroom.
- Consider your lifestyle. The way you will use the space is just as important as thinking about the finishing touches. Need a tub? Just a shower? Need more closet space for clothes or a specialized shoe rack? Asking yourself all of these questions before getting estimates for work will help you get exactly what you want in the long run.
- Explore a wide range of materials. Nowadays, bathrooms benefit from high-end materials that used to only be used in more formal areas of the home. From tumbled marble to granite to specialty plaster treatments, the options are endless.
- Define your style. Before you begin planning your project, think about the style of your home. If your home is more traditional, would you like a traditional bathroom or possibly something more eclectic? Designers can offer you suggestions that can help you to make sure your new remodel is the perfect accent to your other spaces.
- Create a practical budget. Bathroom remodeling projects can be completed no matter your budget. That said, it is important to consider your budget before you invite contractors to take a look at your project. How much you can spend will determine many of the options that you have available. After all, you don’t want to fall in love with a design that you simply can’t afford.
Bathroom remodeling can be a great way to update your home by adding new fixtures, additional storage and new decor. Are you considering this type of project, a kitchen remodel or adding a room? Contact The Chagrin River Company today for a complementary site assessment and estimate. We offer a full range of services, including indoor remodeling, roofing services, and home additions. Call us today at 440.729.7270!